Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ye Olde Partners Page

*A Collection of Antiquarian Curios & Relics*
"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician.  I often think in music.
I live my daydreams in music.  I see my life in terms of music . . ."
                                                                                     --Albert Einstein

Hey boys and ghouls, you're listening to classic rock W4.  I'm Biff Buster yakking at you from high atop my perch at the Board of Water & Light building in downtown Lansing.  If you're looking for stax of hot trax on wax, I'll be here all afternoon as your personal buffoon.  Let's start out this 30 minute free ride with my bestus friend, Bobby Zimmerman aka Bob Dylan, who asks the eternal question:  what would really happen If Dogs Run Free (9781451648799) 17.99 . . .

". . . If dogs run free, kids books must be,
Sell me, Scott Campbell,
True pictures are all we will ask
Something something something
(Unitelligible) If dogs run free."


Oh Bobby, Bobby, your vocals are nearly incomprehensible, but we love you anyway.  Somebody call The Police!  They've lost their synchronicity, but David Wilcock has found The Sychronicity Key (9780525953678) 29.95 and he's darn proud of it . . .

"Daddy see stars in the distance,
There's only so much more he can make,
Many miles away something crawls from the slime from the
Bottom of an astrological fake."


   I lied.  There is one more bill to pay before we can continue with our WWWW 30 minute free ride.  If you've been jonesing for a book that is 50% memoir, 25% cookbook, 25% Russian history, and 25% watchdog, I have the perfect title for you.  Rife with delicious recipes like gulag stew and fermented sauerkraut, Anya Von Bremzen's Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking (9780307886811) 26.00 would have made Julia Child blush with envy.  Sign me up, what other country's cuisine would classify vodka as a condiment, eh?  And now back to the music with Pink Floyd's and Catherine Coulter's The Final Cut (9780399164736) 26.95 . . .

"Through the fish-eyed lens of a jeweler's eyes,
I can barely define the shape of this diamond in rhyme,
And who knows where The Fox still lies,
But Inspector Drummond will surely find him in time . . ."



And this is Biff Buster signing off.  We're all in this thing together, whatever it is . . .   

Odds & Sods

Do you remember Dan Fountain's Michigan Gold?  It went out of print, but it was a steady backlist seller for Partners.  Well, I have good news.  He's put together an updated edition called Michigan Gold & Silver:  Mining in the Upper Peninsula (9781938229169) 16.95, which covers the history of the mining of these minerals in our great state . . .

Hey and how about those Detroit Lions?  I think Super Bowl is within their grasp.  Read about me and other delusional fans in Paula Pasche's 100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die (9781600787294) 14.95.  Reggie, Reggie!


No comments:

Post a Comment