Thursday, December 10, 2015

A CHILD'S CHRISTMAS IN WAILS

Ye Olde Partners Page
*A Collection of Antiquarian Curios & Relics*
"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play the banjo and doesn't . . ."
                                  --Mark Twain

A CHILD'S CHRISTMAS IN WAILS

  Paddington Bear took the left fork on the road by The House on Pooh Corner.  Our ursine friend heard the Wind in the Willows as he arrived at the place Where the Sidewalk Ends . . .

******BREAKING NEWS!  BREAKING NEWS!  BREAKING NEWS!******

"They need to fight it out, Not wild about it,
Lay your seedy judgements,
Who says they're part of our lives?
That's why I've done it again.  No-no-Notorious . . ."
                                    --Duran Duran, Notorious

  Yo!  Yo!  Yo!  Born in Brooklyn to Russian immigrants, Jewish rapper, legendary litigator, and Conscience of America, Ruth Bader Ginsburg has a surprise hit on her hands with Carmon and Knizhnik's biography, Notorious RBG (9780062415837) 19.99.  Justice wears a crown, my friends, and her name is R-Bader.  Fortunately, I can now tell you that their book is back in da HOOOOOUSE!


  Tangentially related, Wisconsin Senator Tim Cullen's new book, Ringside Seat: The 70s to Scott Walker (9781942586104) 18.95, has arrived.  The cover shows a boxing ring, hence the title.  My first inclination when I heard the title was to associate it with the circus.  But hey, maybe that's just me.



David Ezra Stein's Interrupting Chicken (9780763641689) 16.99


  B. Traven Jr. here.  I apologize for the interruption, but I'm madder than a wet hen right now.  I was ready to launch my new Weather Channel Show, Treasure Hunters, next week and, once again, James Patterson has stolen my thunder.  Mr. Patterson's third title in his series, Treasure Hunters: Secret of the Forbidden City (9780316284806) 14.99 released recently and has been selling well.  I've been there in multiple time lines; it's not that secret.  Ha, ha!


   My oldest daughter is a pastry chef, and she has had the privilege of working with Jacques Pepin.  She said he was adorable.  So when I saw Jacques Pepin's Heart & Soul in the Kitchen (9780544301986) 35.00 pop in here, I knew I had the perfect Christmas gift for her.


**WE NOW RETURN TO YOUR REGULARILY SCHEDULED PROGRAM**

Odds & Sods

Partners' unofficial poet laureate is Joyce Benvenuto.  And we are happy to announce that Thunder Bay Press has released her second book, Poem Journey: More Poems & Prose from along Old Grand River (9781933272566) 17.95.  No matter the journey, one would be hard pressed to find anyone who would make better company.



Our good friend Deborah Diesen stopped by and signed copies of her latest children's book, The Not Very Merry Pout-Pout Fish (9780374355494) 16.99.  We have a limited supply.  First come, first served . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment